Thursday, June 24, 2010

Free Vintage Clip Art - Tres Chic Women - Vintage or Contemporary? - You Decide

Chic and trendy - but vintage or contemporary?

I really love this image.  It's graphic and colorful yet, except for what she's wearing, it seems very comtemporary to me.

 Click on image to download

The graphic layout and design give this ad from the early 1900's a very modern look.



 Click on image to download

This second image is actually a famous poster.  In fact, in 2000, this classic poster sold for $9,200 at auction! 


Originally printed in 1899 in Paris, this poster was an advertisement for Golden Prague, a cutting edge weekly Czech publication.  With a copy of the Golden Prague tucked under her arm this Czech woman was just as stylish as any woman in Paris at the time.


But what I find remarkable about this poster is that it reminds me of the altered art being produced today!


I chose these two vintage ads because even though they are both about a hundred years old they also have a very contemporary look and feel to them that I just found interesting and remarkable.


I would love to hear your thoughts on this!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment