Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vintage Peonies

I love peonies.   Every time I see them I think of my grandmothers.  I planted some peony bulbs a few years ago and now I'm getting these huge pink flowersThey are so big and heavy with blossoms they end up bowed over in the grass.  They are truly spectacular and are fast becoming my favorite flower to grow.  Yesterday I purchased some white and deep, deep pink bulbs to go with the light pink ones.  I know I won't have flowers for a couple of years but I assure you they are worth the wait.

There are at least 25 varities of peonies and they are native to Asia, southern Europe and the western United States.  The plant ranges from 1.5 to 5 feet tall although some varieties can from 5 to 10 feet high.  If you want to add stunning blooms to your garden try peonies, you will have blooms beyond your expectations.



Click on image to download


Click on image to download

I hope you enjoy these lovely images as much as I do! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment