Sunday, November 21, 2010

Free Vintage Clip Art - Australian Coat of Arms

For my friends in Australia, your Coat of Arms

On May 7, 1908, King Edward VII granted the Australian Coat of Arms.  It was later modified.
This coat of arms has a red kangaroo and emu supporting the shield.  These are the unofficial animal emblems of Australia and were probably chosen because Australia is the only place on earth they are native too.

The scroll beneath the grass actually contains the motto:  Advance Australia.  I'm not sure why this image does not contain the motto.
Six of the seven points of the star represent the original six states and the seventh point represents the combined territories and any future states.

I have never given the coat of arms of countries much thought even though I have been intrigued by them.  A lot of thought and even arguing apparently goes into the design of coat of arms.  One group may feel slighted if they are not represented in a coat of arms.  Interesting.

Anyway I hope you enjoy Australia's Coat of Arms!



Click on image to download

 And thank you to all my Australian friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment