Sunday, November 7, 2010

Free Vintage Clip Art - German Shepherd Dog

German Shepherd

Ah, man's best friend.  To be perfectly honest I don't think I've ever met a dog I didn't like.  The German Shepherd, or police dog, is a relatively new breed of dog, with it's origin only going back to 1899.  I'm really shocked by this. I would have thought that it was an older breed.  
The German Shepherd was developed to be a herding and guard dog for sheep.  Because of the breed's intelligence, strength and its abilities in obedience it has been commonly used in law enforcement and military venues.  Specifically bred for their intelligence the German Shepherd is generally regarded to be the third most intelligent breed, behind the border collie and the poodle.

German Shepherd's come in many different colors and here is a gorgeous one for you.  I hope you like him.

Click on image to download

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment