Sunday, February 27, 2011

Free Vintage Clip Art - Vintage Children Carrying Topiary

Children Carrying Pink Topiary



Click on image to download

I wish they were carrying this beautiful topiary to me!


Topiary is the practice of training a live perennial plant to develop a shape, usually by clipping of the leaves.  Also known as a living sculpture.

In Europe topiary dates back to the time of the Romans where you could find elaborate topiary forms of animals and various inscriptions.  Within the walls of a Roman house or villa topiaries produced a miniature indoor landscape.

I remember seeing my first topiary on a very grand scale on my first visit to Disneyland.  I remember marveling at those huge plants that had been meticulously trimmed into Disney characters.

I hope you enjoy this lovely image!




No comments:

Post a Comment